I noticed in the past few months that some of our deletion policies, especially the criteria for speedy deletion, is really lacking. There are articles which should quickly be deleted that have to go through an unnecessary 7-day wait period. Hence, I want to propose some changes to the speedy deletion criteria.
My proposals are listed below.
Speedy deletion criteria
- Articles deleted under the speedy deletion criteria should link to the specific criteria they are deleted under (at RSP:CSD). The explanations of some of the criteria could help explain to some why the article was deleted. MediaWiki:Deletereason-dropdown, which contains pre-defined deletion reasons that you can select when you delete articles, will also be updated to include links to the criteria if this passes.
I also propose an update of some of the criteria to include the following information:
- "No context": This criterion has caused some confusion in the past, so I think it would be best to clarify it and what it exactly means. Basically, an article that has no context gives no idea of who a player really is. It usually just contains basic info about the player's membership status, activity and/or player status. Some examples, for an article concerning a player called Rab:
- "Rab is a player"
- "Rab is free-to-play"
- "Rab quit"
- "Technical deletions": This criterion could definitely use some more examples:
These are the additional criteria I'd like to see added:
- Article which consists primarily of non-neutral content
- Articles unrelated to RuneScape players
- Clan/group pages, excluding a page which focuses on a list of players in a clan
- Lone talk pages
- Test pages
Delayed speedy delete
Most of the articles that meet the speedy deletion criteria should be immediately deleted, but there are some that require a delay of three days. In order to distinguish between articles that should be deleted after three days from the rest of the speedy deletion criteria, I think it would be a good idea to introduce a subset of the speedy deletion criteria. This new proposed criteria, the delayed speedy delete, would have its own template that would list the date and time an article should be deleted if the delayed speedy deletion criteria are still met.
These would be the delayed speedy deletion criteria at the moment:
- Unused non-free file
- Non-free files without proper licensing (not currently in effect, but it will be once most of the files on the wiki contain proper licensing)
Support - Very well put; I think you've pretty much covered every possible scenario with this. The pages that fit the criteria in this proposal don't really have a place on the wiki, even if it is just for a seven day period. The delayed speedy delete template would also be a welcome addition. - John Pot (talk) 22:18, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
Comment - If no-one objects, I can also add "No content" as a speedy deletion criteria. It looks like I left that out. Also, "Non-free files without proper licensing", which is currently not in effect, can be changed to "Files without proper licensing", per RSP:IMG#Copyright and licensing. Smithing (talk | contribs) 09:37, August 10, 2014 (UTC)