There is an extension here that allows a protection level where only the author can edit. I think this would be Very Very useful to counteract vandalism. We would need wikia's approval though.--2+2=4. Probably 10:39, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Support It would help the sysops as the the new forum vandalism unit would start to become empty and helpful to the admins as they would have time to do what they need to do instead of sorting vandalism out. Rswfan
- Comment I have put the coding for it on this page so if this comes to having this on the wiki, it will be already installed (hopefully). Rswfan
- Slight support - I feel that this is a pretty good idea, but it has a few flaws. Can the page be unprotected without author permission? Because, what if one happens to leave the Wiki, and doesn't come back to edit their page. Can we remove the protection then? And the pages about a player that another player made (example:Zezima), how can they be protected just by the author, if they are not the player themselves. Muzzy34
- Support There are, like Muzzy said, some flaws. What if a user created a page and used it to make constant vandalism? I still do support this, since not many people exist that would do that.
- comment well, If the admin's do a check at pages daily we can see if they have been vandalised and they can take action to the account/s. Rswfan 06:28, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Comment I think that it would still be possible to delete the page, and not all pages are automatically put like that.-- 2+2=4. Probably 11:50, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Slight support - I agree, but only the page if the page created is actually the author's character.Morgoth Bauglir 14:59, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Definetly.--2+2=4. Probably 15:10, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
I have counted the scores up and this is now closed!
- Support: 4
- Oppose: 0
The conclusion is YES