|Other names||Iron Havik|
|Known for||Creator of the RuneLinked fansite, Discord channel, and clan.
Operator in P.U.R.G.E.
Haviks is the creator and current owner of the RuneLinked fansite. RuneLinked was created by Haviks, along with three of her colleagues from the Dacian Division of the Private Union of Runescape Game Experts (P.U.R.G.E.). These colleagues were SpectreGh0st (Operator, project manager), Tergeos (Tech, head of web development), and Computel (Tech, web developer). The initial fansite version, released in March 2017, was run through an interactive Google Docs Spreadsheet, but was replaced two months later by a new version that was hosted through the webs.com domain.
In early March of 2017, Haviks joined the Private Union of Runescape Game Experts, or P.U.R.G.E. for short. P.U.R.G.E. is a private organization of players that focuses on improving the quality of the game. She was placed under Captain Dacia's Division, and began working with colleagues on new projects within P.U.R.G.E. Among these have been RuneLinked (her project to receive Operator rank), the Spirit of the Game Policy document, reworking private P.U.R.G.E. documents, and a variety of assistant work for other P.U.R.G.E. Operators.
RuneScape Forum Code of Conduct Overhaul
Spirit of the Game Document
After the Code of Conduct for the RuneScape forums was drastically altered in May 2017, Haviks created an "alternate" list of rules, which she proposed to replace the new forum rules, which many criticized as being unclear, or allowing inappropriate discussions to take place. Using a modified version of the P.U.R.G.E. list of rules and conduct, Haviks published an 11-page Google Doc to the RuneScape forums which closely detailed a solution to nearly every forum issue that had been ongoing for the past year. The "RSOF Spirit of the Game" document grew in popularity very quickly, as most players supported the compromises it made to issues, or suggested ways to improve the document. The popularity the document drew prompted Jagex moderators to reply on the thread, thanking Haviks for making this document, and informing the community that the Spirit of the Game document would be included in future forum feedback surveys.
On June 15th, 2017, Jagex ended their RSOF Rules Trial. Ultimately, the trial was expanded on based on community feedback. Several additions to the rules appeared to come directly from Haviks's Spirit of the Game Document, most notably the following:
- Duplicate/off-topic/hijacked threads once again against the rules
- Modifications to the profanity rule, allowing minimal minimal profanity that is not directed at anyone
- Begging once again not being allowed on the RuneScape forums
- No "NSFW" type topics
- A "Good Forumer Guidance" clause was established in the Code of Conduct, which bore many similarities to the Spirit of the Game document
- ↑ discord.me/runelinked
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Runelinked
- ↑ http://runelinked.webs.com/
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/document/d/13JTV5M8qTnnRIJgLQdFcPlKEZl3mPyXLzNbgvnFJ7yo/edit?usp=sharing
- ↑ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=K7Gux9TpBlY/forums.ws?278,279,254,65914332,goto,2#14
- ↑ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=7pyHuIo4AZA/forums.ws?278,279,474,65922148,goto,1